Sunday, April 18, 2010

Change of Plans

Out: Soft boucle poncho
In: Satin poncho

After much struggle to determine the origin of phantom stitches and not being able to see my stitches clearly, I ditched the soft boucle poncho and started on a new one, with yarn that's easier to work with because, you know, it resembles "normal" yarn.

So, I found a pattern for another poncho, the Satin Poncho It has a kind of lacy look and includes basic lace knitting techniques to create holes in the fabric, such as yarnovers and the slip, knit, pass over decrease. I'm using Bernat Satin yarn in the Teal color and size 8 (5mm) circular needles. I have about 4 inches of it done so far and it looks really pretty. This one, of course, is for my aunt, but I may end up liking it so much I want to make one for myself.

As for the soft boucle, I'll keep the yarn in my stash and maybe try working with it again when I'm more experienced.

No comments:

Post a Comment